This "RIDER TO CONTRACT" shall be considered a part of the
contract between the Purchaser and the Artist "The Tokens"
(hereinafter called "Artist") to which it is attached.
1) A "Guest List" will be permitted for each performance, and
will allow up to but no more than two guests per
contracted band member and two guests per on-duty
employee of the Artist.
Exception to this rule must be approved by Artist in
2) Purchaser shall at all times exercise security over
equipment and personnel on stage and at the mixing
console area, preventing access to same by unauthorized
3) Artist retains all control over placement and operation of
sound system and lighting system. Sound lever shall be
maintained to D.E.Q. standards.
4) Artist shall be provided site access of engagement for the
purpose of setting up sound no less than six (6) hours
prior to the start of the performance. A complete sound
check will be permitted.
5) Parking: Space at loading area during load in and load
out and within one blocks of venue during show; and space
for Artist car within one blocks of venue from load in to
6) Stage area: The Artist required a minimum stage area of
24 feet wide by 16 feet deep, with one 8 X 8 drum riser.
Artist shall be notified at least fourteen (14) days
prior to engagement if modification must be made.
7) Purchaser agrees to notify Artist no less than forty-eight
(48) hours in advance if the time previously arranged
for load in or load out of Artist equipment is to be
8) Lodging: Purchaser agrees to furnish at Purchaser's sole
cost and expense, six (6), unless otherwise specified,
rooms at a recognized first-class hotel nearest to the performance site for the term of the engagement scheduled hereunder.
9) Artist shall be provided with an acceptable dressing area,
complete with security and/or locking device on the door.
10) Transportation: Purchaser agrees to supply required air
transportation (Business or first class) and all necessary internal transportation at Purchaser's sole cost and expense from airport to hotel to venue and vice versa. Please be aware
that this party is traveling with some musical equipment.
11) All Engagements: Purchaser shall provide the following in
the dressing area prior to the performance:
A. Six hot meals
B. Beverages (non-alcoholic) to include, but not
Limited to fruit juices, sodas and bottled water.
C. Bottle opener (if necessary).
D. Hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cups.
E. On Stage Prior To Show: 6 bottles of ice water.
F. Minimum of six (6) towels.
12) NO Recording of performance is allowed, unless written
consent of Artist is secured fourteen (14) days prior to
13) Artist retains the right to sell concessions (T-shirts,
CDs, tapes, etc.) at the performance at no cost to the
14) Interviews: All interview, promotional appearances and
autograph sessions must be scheduled one week in
advance, and must be cleared with Noah Margo.
15) Sound Requirements: Purchaser shall furnish the complete
main sound system, monitor system and technician, unless
otherwise noted. Said system must be approved by and
meet the specifications of the attached stage plot and
group leader or representative.
16) Lighting Requirements: Purchaser shall furnish the
complete lighting system, including technician, suitable
for professional appearance of the stage and show.
17) Stage Equipment: The following musical stage equipment
will be provided at the sole cost and expense of the
Purchaser for all engagements, unless otherwise
A. Drums: Five piece, with three (3) cymbal stands hi-hat stand
and throne. Bongo drums and stand.
B. Guitar Amp
C. Keyboard controller (66 keys), Keyboard Stand and D.I.
E. Bass Amp
18) Support Act: Purchaser will provide any opening act at
Purchaser's sole cost and expense (if applicable).
Artist reserves the right to screen such act and song
19) Payment: Purchaser agrees to pay balance owed to Artist by
cash or cashier's check payable to THE TOKENS prior to
the first show performance.
20) Billing: It is understood and agreed that the Artist shall
receive the following billing in all manner and forms of
advertising in connection with this engagement: THE
TOKENS – 100%. Mention of the Artist's hit, "The Lion
Sleeps Tonight," must be made in all forms of
advertising and/or promotion.
21) Cancellation Clause: In the event this show is not
presented for any reason, the Artist shall be paid the
full contract price, provided the Artists are prepared
to perform at the designated time and place as specified
in the attached contract. The only exception shall be at
the discretion of the Artist, or if cancellation of this
appearance is made thirty (30) days prior to the
contracted date; in which case the deposit or 50% of the
total contract amount, whichever is greater, shall be
retained by and/or paid to the Artist.
22) Hold Harmless Agreement: If any patron, guest, Purchaser's
agent, employee(s) or any other person admitted to the
venue by Purchaser or Purchaser's agents or employee(s),
sustains bodily injury, or if any damage to property on
the premises is incurred, caused either directly or
indirectly by Artist's equipment or sound/light company
contracted to provide production for this THE TOKENS
show, Purchaser agrees to hold harmless the Artist.
Local performances are those that are in 2-3 hour driving distance from Los Angeles.
Long Distance performances are those that require at least one night of stay in a hotel.
If ARTISTS are performing locally ARITST can supply backline as indicated in #17.
If ARTISTS are performing long distance by car ARTIST can supply backline as indicated in #17.
If ARTISTS are performing long distance requiring a flight than backline indicated in #17 will be provided by PURCHASER.